“Spend your time and energy in training yourself for spiritual fitness. Physical exercise has some value, but spiritual exercise is much more important for it promises a reward in both this life and the next. This is true and everyone should accept it.”
1 Timothy 4:7-9 (NLT)
Spiritual health involves one’s values, beliefs, and sense of purpose. It’s the for meaning and purpose in human existence, leading one to strive for a state of harmony with oneself and others while working to balance inner needs with the rest of the world.
Spiritual health is really the connecting to a higher source – God, infinite intelligence, creator. It is aligning with the purpose that you were born into the universe to accomplish, it is the knowledge of self and ultimately it is the attainment of self-transcendence.
A Spiritually healthy person exemplifies the following traits:
- Understand their purpose
- Always see life in a positive manner
- They have a sense of harmony
- Connect to people, empathetic
- Take time out of their day to pray, meditate and relax
- Embodies love
- Motivated by values that transcend beyond their personal self
Here are ways you can improve your spiritual health:
- Seek your purpose and get closer to God. He will reveal your destiny “Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you” James 4:8
- Pray and practice meditation
- Practice mindfulness